onsdag 3 december 2008

The Volvo and Saab crisis

This blogspot is in English since we have got a task in the English class to write a blogspot in English. However, the car crisis is very serious at this moment and something has to be done, quickly.

But who are going to solve the problem? The Social Democrats claim that the Swedish state should save the industry. But then they should ask themselves, if Ford and GM, really experienced in the bussiness can't make Volvo and Saab to make any profit, why would the extremely unexperienced state?

But there is not only one coin. If Volvo and Saab would go bankrupt, according to the numbers I've heard 150 000 people would loose thier job and make the financial crisis even worse in Sweden.

I don't have any good solution, but I've never belived that the state, the free market and the competition is a good combination. You can easily look at earlier examples to understand that.

However, at this moment I do not have any good solution. I dont even think there is a good solution, only more or less bad ones. But what I do think that we should do at this moment is to wait until the bankruptcy of Volvo and Saab in the end might be close and then save the business from support from the state. I still think Volvo and Saab could be world leading cars again (in the case of Volvo).

1 kommentar:

வினையூக்கி sa...

Good one Joakim. While I am searching info on Volvo crisis , I happened to come across your blog.

Regards,
Selvakumar(India)
Ronneby